For each catalogue field a record exists in the file DIRAVAR.DB that
handle the description of the field characteristic. These are called
fields items. Some of this items are not used in the current version
of DIRA2, but were defined for future use. These are marked with 'RFU'.
The fields items are:
- FIELD NAME
- The name of the catalogue field.
- START COL
- Position of the first character of the field in the in the
- Fortran format of the field (i.e. F6.2 )
- Output format of the field (RFU)
- Defines the output representation of the field (RFU)
- Units of the field values (i.e. METERS)
- Brief description of the field
- Define the value that must be recognized as empty field.
In the numerical fields a blank string is recognized by DIRA2 as a empty field.
- FIELD TYPE
- When the field is a coordinate the type must be defined
using the appropriate values. See section .
- File of pointer to the field. (RFU)
Previous page |