For each catalogue a record exists in the file DIRADOC.DB that contains
documentation keywords. These keywords are not used by applicative commands,
but only by PDB_INFO in the search of desired catalogues.
The fields of this records are called catalogue items. One of this item
is the name of the documentation file, that is a printable text file of
The documentation items are:
- The name of a file that handle the documentation of the
catalogue. This file resides in the directory [DIRA2.DOC] (.../DIRA2/DOC ) for
public catalogues and in the PDB current directory for personal data and
must be created by user.
- ASS CAT1
- An associate catalogue is a second catalogue present in
the data base that contains data related with the ones of the first
An associate catalogue can contain references, pointers and
- ASS CAT2
- A second associate catalogue.
- The name(s) of the author(s) of the catalogue
- Bibliographic references to the catalogue.
- Title of the catalogue
- Type of objects in the catalogues. The allowed keywords are:
OBJECTS STARS GALAXIES RADIOSU QSOS
CLUSTER REFEREN PLATES IMAGES
- This item refers to the electromagnetic band observed
in the catalogues. Allowed keywords are:
RADIO IR OPTIC UV X GAMMA
- Identification code of the catalogue on the Centre des
Donnees Stellaires Bullettin.
Previous: Fields items
Up: The System Files
Previous Page: Fields items
Next Page: Personal Data Base.