The graphic tasks of DIRA were changed to take into account the new query
language and the new features of DIRA2. The user who knows the old
procedures will find new commands and some minor differences between the
two version, but the global structure is the same. The differences are:
- In the old version the constraints on the data were imposed with
the commands: SELect, CONstraints and RELationship. In the new
version only the CONstraints command is available, but the user can
insert complex constraints using the DIRA2 query language (e.g., MAG
> 16 AND RADVEL < 7000)
- The SELect command is now used to define the fields that the user
wants to type in the LISt or in the WHO commands. Then SELect
the old DVAriable command, that is not yet supported. The AVErage
command substitute the MEAn command.
- In the old version the graphic tasks work on equatorial coordinates
only, named 'RA' and 'DEC'. The new version has the same default,
but the user can now work on galactic and supergalactic coordinates
and the names of the coordinates are parameters that can be set
with the CVAriable command.
- Now in the DB_HISTO, DB_REGRES
and DB_SCHART tasks a function
fields can be used as a variable. For example, the user can use
in a regression the quantity SQRT(ABS(var1 - var2)) where var1 e var2
are catalogue field. See section for the list of the DIRA2
- The DB_REGRES task was rewritten and now supports error bars
and new regression types.
- Many new commands are available.
Previous: Loadable log file
Up: General Notes
Previous Page: Loadable log file
Next Page: DB_CHART